Re: [git patches] net driver fixes

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Feb 24 2008 - 00:49:23 EST

David Miller wrote:
Jeff, I really don't want to pull that tree in. Please trust me as
your upstream to handle merging issues, as needed.

I trust you... Otherwise I wouldn't have volunteered to move my upstream from Linus to you :)

My main issues/motivations were:

* quite simply, just force of habit: I'm used to basing off of a recent Linus tree, to guarantee build&boot testing against the latest.

* worry about testing against a too-old tree, where non-networking fixes may have a relevant impact on my to-be-pushed netdrvr fixes.

But in this case it's fair to say there are no such issues, and it was mainly just out of habit.

So (as you saw in last email)... rebased and resend.

Jeff