Re: bcm43xx regression in 2.6.24 (with patch)

From: Michael Buesch
Date: Sat Feb 23 2008 - 11:51:41 EST

On Saturday 23 February 2008 17:44:33 Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Michael Buesch <mb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 23 February 2008 12:07:51 Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > > I have to say, after having observed multiple incidents around b43 in
> > > the past few months you are one of the worst driver maintainers i've
> > > ever seen on lkml: you are ignoring regressions, you are frequently
> > > insulting our testers and now you even have the gall to NAK a patch to
> >
> > The insults being? A few quotes, please.
>
> " I'm tired of this "how dare can you break my kernel!?" bullshit. "
> " Blah. The people with a bcm4311 revision 1 wireless card plus a
> bcm44xx ethernet card. You can count those people on two fingers. "
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/23/3

Hm, maybe my fault and I don't know the english language enough, but these
do not count as personal insults here where I live in Germany. Especially
the second one is in no way an insult here. It merely tells you that the
number of people having this issue is very low.

I'm sorry if that sounded like insults. That wasn't my intention.

--
Greetings Michael.