Re: bcm43xx regression in 2.6.24 (with patch)

From: Michael Buesch
Date: Sat Feb 23 2008 - 11:28:54 EST

On Saturday 23 February 2008 12:07:51 Ingo Molnar wrote:
> I have to say, after having observed multiple incidents around b43 in
> the past few months you are one of the worst driver maintainers i've
> ever seen on lkml: you are ignoring regressions, you are frequently
> insulting our testers and now you even have the gall to NAK a patch to

The insults being? A few quotes, please.

> _your own buggy driver code_ without providing an alternative fix.
> Kudos.

How dare can you break my kernel, yeah... . We know that.
That my patches _fixed_ the kernel for thousands of people doesn't
matter. What matters is the one person for whom it broke. So let's
apply a questionable fix for it that we don't understand. Hopefully
that fixes it and doesn't break it again for somebody else... .

I provided an alternative fix. In my very first email.
Ingo, if you know that this fix is right, then please sign it off
so we can apply it.

--
Greetings Michael.