Re: bcm43xx regression in 2.6.24 (with patch)

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sat Feb 23 2008 - 06:25:26 EST

* Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Agreed. Alexey, did you identify a specific git commit that caused the
> regression? Can we just revert that from 2.6.24? Michael, even if
> _you're_ planning to remove bcm43xx we must not let it regress until
> it's gone.

btw., if the best answer is: "do not enable b43 and bcm43xx at once in
the .config because we messed up the dependencies and fixing it in
2.6.24-stable is unfortunately too risky", then that's a perfectly fine
answer for -stable. Then the fix would be to exclude each other in the
Kconfig space (which is not risky). But just ignoring bugreports and
NAK-ing a fix is not a valid answer.

Ingo