Re: bcm43xx regression in 2.6.24 (with patch)

From: Michael Buesch
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 15:14:30 EST

On Friday 22 February 2008 21:06:00 Alexey Zaytsev wrote:
> > It is not my problem, if you refuse to use b43.
> > You also still refuse to tell me details about your card and _what_
> > does not work. I do own lots of different card and they
> > all work fine with b43. There's one exception, the 4311 rev 3 (or something,
> > don't quite remember). But patches are available and will ship in 2.6.25.
> > bcm43xx won't get removed until that shipped.
>
> Yes, it's a 4311 rev 01, but I'm probably was just too lame to upgrade the
> firmware or something. :E
>
> I really don't get it, what is going on here? You state that the new b32 driver
> has problems on some hardware, where the old bcm43xx driver just works.
> And at the same time, you are surprised that I "refuse" to use the b43 driver
> and push patches for the bcm43xx driver you broke... Oh, really, why?!

So, please find someone who will sign-off your patch. I won't.
What's so hard to understand about that? Do I _have_ to sign off all patches
random people send to me?
I do _not_ want to be made responsible for that patch by signing it off.
It is as simple as that.
And I officially do not care about bcm43xx since a year and a half anymore.
So why should I ACK it or sign it off?

--
Greetings Michael.