Re: New 2.6.24.2 SG_IO SCSI problems

From: Mike Christie
Date: Fri Feb 22 2008 - 11:59:37 EST

Mike Christie wrote:
Mark Hounschell wrote:
I seem to have run into some sort of regression in the SG_IO interface of 2.6.24.2. I have an application that up until 2.6.24 worked fine. The 2.6.23.16 kernel works fine.

During reads I get these kernel messages. Writes and other functions _seem_ OK. Actually basic
reads are working. Its with large BC reads using an io_vec list that the problem shows up.

Are you doing SG_IO to the sg device (/dev/sg*) or to the block device (/dev/sdX)?

If you are doing SG_IO to the sg device, then I know of one regression (well not regression exactly, but I fixed a bug but the patch got partially overwritten by another patch and that caused a new bug). Both bugs are fixed in 2.6.25-rc2. Could you try that out if you are doing SG_IO to the sg device.