Re: [Suspend-devel] 2.6.25-rc2 System no longer powers offaftersuspend-to-disk. Screen becomes green.

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 19:48:00 EST

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> - if (state.event == PM_EVENT_SUSPEND) {
> + if (state.event == PM_EVENT_SUSPEND && !in_hibernation_power_off()) {

I don't understand why hibernation just doesn't use a PM_EVENT_HIBERNATE,
and be done with it?

Why should it be called PM_EVENT_SUSPEND when it isn't?

Adding some external global variables is absolutely the wrong way to fix
this.

It's not even like there are very many drivers who actually care about
"state.event" anyway: a 'git grep' returns just 35 users in the whole
tree, so if this was done this ugly way just to avoid double-chcking the
other cases that compare against PM_EVENT_SUSPEND, then it really wasn't
worth it.

Linus