Re: Merging of completely unreviewed drivers

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 18:41:19 EST

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 05:33:10PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> But similarly... I merge drivers long before our SCSI maintainer will,
> and I value "it works" above stupid checkpatch warnings.

I was not talking about checkpatch warnings.

I'm talking about checkpatch errors for code like
if ((page_count!=0)&&(page_count<<12)-(region->offset&(4096-1))>=region->length)

I have to accept that Linus prefers to have the driver merged first and
let janitors make the code readable in subsequent patches, but if GNU
indent wasn't unable to properly cope with the fact that this driver has
over 2000 lines that are over 80 characters long I'd simply run this
driver through scripts/Lindent .

> Jeff

cu
Adrian