Re: 2.6.25-rc1 xen pvops regression

From: Joel Becker
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 18:01:23 EST

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:12:36PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:

> > > I thought the problem was a Xen-provided pagetable from before Linux
> > > started?
> >
> > Hm, I don't think so. The domain-builder pagetable is put after the
> > kernel, so it shouldn't be under 1M.
>
> I can confirm that it is Linux which is allocating it. The call path:

Also, I have older kernels (2.6.24-rc era) that run Just Fine.
I haven't changed my dom0 at all.

Joel

--

"There is no more evil thing on earth than race prejudice, none at
all. I write deliberately -- it is the worst single thing in life

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker@xxxxxxxxxx