Re: 2.6.25-rc1 xen pvops regression

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 16:40:29 EST

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Still curious about why a pagetable page is ending up in that range though. Seems like it shouldn't be possible, since we shouldn't be allowed to allocate from those pages, at least until the DMI probe has happened... Unless the early allocator is only excluded from e820 reserved pages, which would cause a problem on systems which don't reserve the DMI space... HPA?

I thought the problem was a Xen-provided pagetable from before Linux started?

Hm, I don't think so. The domain-builder pagetable is put after the kernel, so it shouldn't be under 1M.