RE: kernel-2.6.25-rc2, CPU C state "active state" always remain C0 unchangeable by cat 'proc/'

From: Pallipadi, Venkatesh
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 15:38:10 EST

I am not sure active state gives a lot of information about C-state. And
I really hate to see code waking up every .1 sec to check the active
state :-).
/proc/acpi/processor/*/power is marked deprecated upstream and if you
really want this field, you will have to disable CONFIG_CPU_IDLE in
upstream kernel. With CPU_IDLE you will get more detailed information
about all C-states entry counts and residencies under
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpuidle/

Thanks,
Venki