Re: [Suspend-devel] 2.6.25-rc2 System no longer powers off after suspend-to-disk. Screen becomes green.

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 11:29:27 EST

On Thursday, 21 of February 2008, Jeff Chua wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Jesse Barnes <jesse.barnes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 20, 2008 4:35 pm Jeff Chua wrote:
>
> It says "calling pci_set_power_state with 3". Then after all then it
> still hangs, and then resume with Mr Green.
>
> PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
> Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
> Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
> PM: Shrinking memory... ^H-^Hdone (0 pages freed)
> PM: Freed 0 kbytes in 0.20 seconds (0.00 MB/s)
> ACPI: Preparing to enter system sleep state S4
> Suspending console(s)
> sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Synchronizing SCSI cache
> drm_sysfs_suspend
> ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:00:02.0 disabled
> calling pci_set_power_state with 3

So it returns the right value.

Jeff, Jesse, please check one thing for me.

Please boot 2.6.25-rc2 (or better, the current head of the Linus' tree) with
no_console_suspend and try to do the following:

# echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
# echo core > /sys/power/pm_test
# echo disk > /sys/power/state

(that will run a test of the freeze/unfreeze code without creating the image)
and then

# echo mem > /sys/power/state

(that will run a test of the suspend/resume code without actually suspending).

I'd like to know if that works.

Thanks,
Rafael