Re: pci_device_id cleanups

From: Jonas Bonn
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 08:27:54 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 01:53:36PM +0100, Jonas Bonn wrote:
The PCI_DEVICE_TABLE patch I sent earlier doesn't necessarily make
much sense by itself... here is a set of patches that apply
this macro, in turn moving a lot of this data into __devinitconst
which is discardable in certain situations.
Hopefully the benefit of this approach is a bit clearer now.
[shorter lines please..]

Sorry...

Can you please confirm that this does not break powerpc (64 bit)
as they have troubles with the constification..

I do not have access to any PowerPC machine... Olof Johansson built the tree I posted earlier on PowerPC; there's nothing really new here except the wrapping of the definition in a macro.

But of course, it would great if someone could confirm this...

Sam