Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 20

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 02:47:33 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 04:34:57PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source. There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log files
in the Next directory. Between each merge, the tree was built with
allmodconfig for both powerpc and x86_64.

What's the best way to constantly follow this tree? I had cloned it a
while ago, but now if I 'git pull' it wants to merge things, which isn't
right.

I'm guessing that this is constantly being rebased? Against what,
Linus's tree? So we should be able to clone Linus's tree, and then pull
in -next?

Or am I totally missing something here?

You can use 'git fetch -f' to override your local tree with the remote contents.

I'm pretty sure there's a better way to do it, but I don't know it...

Jeff