Re: Where to put adapters

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 14:37:44 EST

On Feb 19 2008 08:01, Karl Dahlke wrote:

>Now that notifiers are in, (yay!), people are going to start writing adapters
>for visually and motor impaired individuals.
>I suggest we place them in drivers/adapters in the source tree,

Umph, that sounds a bit generic. Network cards are sometimes referred
to as "network [card] adapter" and graphic cards to as "graphics adapter",
so by your suggestions, they would all go into drivers/adapters/.

When such a driver actually comes along, we can revisit the topic.

>and I suggest they put their virtual files in the directory /proc/adapters,
>which would be created via fs/proc/root.c as part of the /proc file system.

Please not. Either character-based devices or sysfs files, depending
on which flies best. Adapters are not really proc-related.