Re: very poor ext3 write performance on big filesystems?

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 13:58:34 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
Theodore Tso wrote:
..
The following ld_preload can help in some cases. Mutt has this hack
encoded in for maildir directories, which helps.
..

Oddly enough, that same spd_readdir() preload craps out here too
when used with "rm -r" on largish directories.

From looking at the code, I think I've found at least one bug in opendir:
dnew = realloc(dirstruct->dp, dirstruct->max * sizeof(struct dir_s));

Shouldn't this be: "...*sizeof(struct dirent_s));"?

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

"Nostalgia isn't what it used to be."