Re: Is Infineon PEB 3332 EL supported in Linux?

From: Clemens Koller
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 06:41:35 EST

CIJOML schrieb:
Hi there,

I would like flash my D-link DVG-G1402S with linux ADM5120 port. It should be possible, but I would like still use it as a SIP gateway. There is Infineon PEB 3332 EL responsible for that job, so my question is if it is supported.
BTW this router's internals photos are there:

Quick answer: No.

The VINETIC-CPE (PEB3332EL) is doing the analog voice processing and
needs DSP firmware as well as device drivers provided by Infineon.
I don't think you will get this stuff from Infineon easily.
But you can try to extract it from the current D-link firmware.
YMMV.

I could ask a friend who is working on the DSL-Chipsets at Infineon
about their code/driver policy/availability. Ping me off-list in 2 weeks,
he is on holiday right now.

Regards,

Clemens