Re: Linux 2.6.25-rc2

From: Torsten Kaiser
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 01:45:51 EST

On Feb 19, 2008 12:54 AM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Feb 2008, Torsten Kaiser wrote:
> >
> > [ 5282.056415] ------------[ cut here ]------------
> > [ 5282.059757] kernel BUG at lib/list_debug.c:33!
>
> Is there any chance that you could try to bisect this, if it's repeatable
> enough for you? Even if you can't bisect it *all* the way, it would be
> really good to do a handful of bisection runs which should already
> hopefully narrow it down a bit more.
>
> Linus

It's repeatable, but not in a really reliable way.
So to mark a kernel good I need to compile around 100 KDE packages,
and even then I'm not 100% sure, if it's good or if I was just lucky.

But I did a partly bisect against 2.6.24-rc6-mm1:
2.6.24-rc6 + mm-patches up to (including) git.nfsd -> worked
2.6.24-rc6 + mm-patches up to (including) git.xfs -> crashed

I think the only added patch between rc2-mm1 and rc3-mm2 in that range
where the iommu changes that I later ruled out.
That leaves some git trees as suspects:
git-ocfs2.patch
git-selinux.patch
git-s390.patch