[RFC 00/11] possible debugfs/libfs consolidation

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 23:14:35 EST

I noticed that there is a lot of duplication in pseudo
file systems, so I started looking into how to consolidate
them. I ended up with a largish rework of the structure
of libfs and moving almost all of debugfs in there as well.

As an example, I also have patches that reduce debugfs,
securityfs and usbfs to the point where they are mostly
thin wrappers around libfs, with large comment blocks.
Other file systems could be changed in the same way, but
I first like to see if people agree that I'm on the right
track.

These patches have seen practically no testing so far,
so don't expect them to work, but please tell me what
you think about the concept.

Arnd <><