Re: [build bug] lguest build failure: drivers/lguest/x86/switcher_32.S:(.text+0x3815f8):undefined reference to `LGUEST_PAGES_regs_trapnum'

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 17:14:39 EST

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Sergio Luis wrote:
oops. sorry, I just realized I missed the makefile part. I changed
the config symbol to CONFIG_LGUEST_HYPERVISOR so I should change it on the makefile as well. reposting an updated patch for testing:

Hm, now I cannot select LGUEST as a module any more:

$ make clean && time make
[...]
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/conf
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/x86/Kconfig
.config:1793:warning: symbol value 'm' invalid for LGUEST
[...]
Linux hypervisor (LGUEST) [Y/n/?] (NEW)

Is this intentional? I've tried your patch with or without Rusty's patch, both gave me the same results. My .config:
http://nerdbynature.de/bits/2.6.25-rc2/lguest/

Thanks,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #400:

We are Microsoft. What you are experiencing is not a problem; it is an undocumented feature.