Re: [patch 2/2] x86: lds - Use THREAD_SIZE instead of numeric constant

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 09:27:41 EST

> You're saying that it *must* be aligned, I don't think that's true
> anymore; I think nowadays it's more accurate to say that it *is*
> aligned, but I don't think that's fundamental.

At least in .25 mainline current_thread_info() is still using
[re]sp arithmetic. Also I think the stack backtracers also
rely on suitable alignment of the stack top. So right now it is still
fundamental. Now that could be all fixed by using segment
register references and might be, but so far that doesn't
seem to be finished yet.

-Andi