Re: 2.6.24-git4+ regression

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Mon Feb 18 2008 - 02:39:53 EST

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 05:28 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:25:51PM +0530, Srivatsa Vaddagiri wrote:
> > > The patch is against 2.6.25-rc1. I would request you to check for
> > > difference it makes with CONFIG_FAIR_GROUP_SCHED and
> > > CONFIG_FAIR_USER_SCHED turned on.
> >
> > well, I tried the patch against 2.6.25-rc2-git1. It seems to be better
> > but without CONFIG_FAIR_GROUP_SCHED it is still even better.
>
> could you try latest sched-devel.git, does it behave any better?

Here, it does not. It seems fine without CONFIG_FAIR_GROUP_SCHED.

Oddity: mainline git with Srivatsa's test patch improves markedly, and
using sched_latency_ns and sched_wakeup_granularity_ns, I can tweak the
regression into submission. With sched-devel, I cannot tweak it away
with or without the test patch. Dunno how useful that info is.

-Mike