Re: [REGRESSION 2.6.23] no vga console and no messages

From: Daniel Barkalow
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 13:20:09 EST

As far as I can tell, the only differences in either dmesg or lspci
between the broken one and the working one are the phrasing of messages,
not what's happening.

Out of curiousity, what do you see for the "Console: " line when you boot?
It's possible that the VGA console code somehow got broken for both of
us in 2.6.23, and this means that (a) my console doesn't work, since I'm
trying to use it, and (b) if your framebuffer console tries to match your
VGA console, it'll break, because your VGA console is broken.

-Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*