Re: Geode GX/LX watchdog timer (RESEND)

From: Andres Salomon
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 12:30:26 EST

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:10:09 +0000
Iain Paton <ilp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 03:46:01PM +0100, Arnd Hannemann wrote:
> >> Never tried to built it as a module.
> >> Probably there are issues with that. If I remember correctly I saw a patch in 2.6.25-rc which
> >> mentioned that using mfgpt in modules won't work. Does this apply to 2.6.24 as well?
> >
> > For using code from modules it must be explicitely EXPORT_SYMBOL{,GPL}'ed.
> >
> > Adding
> > EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(geode_mfgpt_toggle_event);
> > and
> > EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(geode_mfgpt_alloc_timer);
> > below the respective functions in mfgpt_32.c should fix this issue.
>
> I couldn't find the patch Arnd mentioned on lkml or in Linus git tree,
> but adding the lines suggested by Adrian gets me a working module.
>
> Hopefully the patch will arrive in the mainline tree at some point.

This was originally split out into two separate patches; one that exported
the proper symbols, and the other containing the watchdog timer. I merged
them in the geode tree. The patch is here:

http://git.infradead.org/?p=geode.git;a=commitdiff;h=5a840828ddb5bb7381435509a9460e0ba4aab550

That's also checkpatch.pl happy (or at least, it was when I committed it).