Re: Announce: Linux-next (Or Andrew's dream :-))

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 07:42:57 EST

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 12:24 -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
> Hm ... I think net is a counter example to this. Rebases certainly work
> for them.

That's a matter of opinion.

I'm working on cleaning up the libertas driver as and when I have time,
and the constant rebasing of the git trees effectively means that I
can't just use git as it was intended; I feel that I'm being forced back
into the 1990s by having to deal with sequences of patches instead.

It's such a pain that I'm seriously tempted to push my changes directly
to Linus instead of through the subsystem maintainers.

--
dwmw2