Re: 2.6.25-rc2: wpa_supplicant BUGs kernel in rwlock recursion

From: Alessandro Suardi
Date: Sat Feb 16 2008 - 19:18:02 EST

On Feb 17, 2008 12:18 AM, Guillaume Chazarain <guichaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2008 6:14 PM, Alessandro Suardi <alessandro.suardi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Feb 16 16:51:49 sandman kernel: BUG: rwlock recursion on CPU#0,
>
> Same thing here, bisected it to:
>
> commit 45b503548210fe6f23e92b856421c2a3f05fd034
> Author: Laszlo Attila Toth <panther <at> balabit.hu>
> Date: Tue Feb 12 22:42:09 2008 -0800
>
> [RTNETLINK]: Send a single notification on device state changes.
>
> The revert applies cleanly and fixes the problem.
> Rafael has more details in http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/15/542.

Thanks Guillaume,

I can confirm that the revert of the rtnetlink.c changes does
indeed fix the problem for me.

Second time in a couple of week I hit the same bugs as Rafael,
will keep an eye on his new findings ;)

--alessandro

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements
of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is
something to be enthusiastic about."

(Charles Kingsley)