Re: Disk schedulers

From: Lukas Hejtmanek
Date: Sat Feb 16 2008 - 11:15:40 EST

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 05:24:52PM +0000, Paulo Marques wrote:
> If you want to take advantage of all that memory to buffer disk writes,
> so that the reads can proceed better, you might want to tweak your
> /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio amd /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio to more
> appropriate values. (maybe also dirty_writeback_centisecs and
> dirty_expire_centisecs)

I don't feel like to have my whole memory eaten by a single file which is not
to be read again and thus it is pretty useless. Instead, I would like to see
slowdown of scp so that other processes can also access disk. Why is this
possible with kernel process scheduler and not with IO scheduler?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek