Re: [BUG] OOPS 2.6.24.2 raid5 write with ioatdma

From: Shannon Nelson
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 14:43:40 EST

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Laurent CORBES
<laurent.corbes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I got a raid5 oops when trying to write on a raid 5 array, with ioatdma loaded
> and without DCA activated in bios:

[...]

Dan's quick patch is likely the right answer.

> When I enable DCA in system bios I cannot boot, the ioatdma subsystem failed to
> initialize, it stalled at:
> ioatdma: ioat_dma_test_callback(00008086)

I don't see this example in the dmesg, but I'm not sure why you think
this is the case. If DCA is enabled, you should not see any further
messages from ioatdma after the ioat_self_test_callback().

sln