Re: Announce: Linux-next (Or Andrew's dream :-))

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 13:00:05 EST

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 05:36:41AM -0500, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:16:53PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> > I was amazed at how slow stgit was when I tried it out. I use
> > git-quiltimport a lot and I don't think it's any slower than just using
> > quilt on its own. So I think that the speed issue should be the same.
>
> I like using "guilt" because I can easily reapply the patchset using
> "guilt push -a", which is just slightly fewer characters to type than
> "git-quiltimport". This also means that I don't need to switch back
> and forth between "git mode" and "quilt mode" when I'm editing the
> patches (either directly by editing the patch files, in which case
> afterwards I do a "guilt pop -a; guilt push -a", or by using "guilt
> pop", "guilt push", and "guilt refresh").

I had problems getting guilt to preserve metadata properly last time I
tried it, and it forced me to work with the same location and format
that the original developers used, which wasn't as flexable as quilt
could handle from what I recall.

But I'll try it again, it might have gotten better...

thanks,

greg k-h