Re: [2.6.25-rc1] System no longer powers off after shutdown

From: Jeff Chua
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 03:23:37 EST

On Feb 13, 2008 3:54 PM, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:45:09 +0100 Frans Pop <elendil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Symptom is that the system shuts down normally and completely, it just does
> > not power off.
>
> I've been struggling with an identically-manifesting regression on one of
> my test machines for a week. It's due to softlockup changes, and setting
> CONFIG_DETECT_SOFTLOCKUP=n "fixes" it.

I don't have CONFIG_DETECT_SOFTLOCKUP defined in .config and there's
not option using menuconfig to select this.

I don't know whether my problem is related or not on Lenovo X60s. I
can power-off on shutdown and suspend-to-ram, but screen turns green,
and doesn't power-off on suspend-to-disk. I've to manually press and
hold the power switch to switch off. System is able to resume later.
It was working as recent as last week, but something changed past few
days.

Jeff.