Re: Announce: Linux-next (Or Andrew's dream :-))

From: James Bottomley
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 21:26:15 EST

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 17:20 -0800, David Miller wrote:
> What would be really cool is if you could do the rebase thing, push
> that to a remote tree you were already pushing into and others could
> pull from that and all the right things happen.
>
> A rebase is just a series of events, and those could propagate to
> people who are pulling from the tree. I'm pretty sure GIT could
> support this.

Yes, this is exactly the feature I'm looking for. It would allow the
downstream users of a rebased tree to rebase themselves correctly.

All the information about the rebase is in the reflog ... it can't be
too difficult to pass it through on a pull and allow the downstream tree
to do the right thing.

James