Re: [git pull] kgdb-light -v10

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 16:02:11 EST

* Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I agree with you in principle, but what do you do if one of the CPUs
> doesn't answer?
>
> Ingo seems to think it's ok for the debugger then to just hang too, I
> think it should eventually time out and debug anyways.

Andi, please refrain from misrepresenting my position, i can speak for
myself.

As i stated it before, i'm not against adding some configuration on
roundup behavior as long as it's clearly add-on optional system policy.
In fact i already implemented that in the kgdb-light tree.

But if your goal is to create smoke where there is none, then feel free
to continue to beat down on this poor strawman, ok? ;-) Meanwhile we'll
continue to clean up kgdb to make it ready for an eventual (and IMO well
deserved) .26 merge. All the useful bits of your comments have made kgdb
cleaner - thanks for that. But please lets keep this constructive.
Thanks,

Ingo