Re: [patch] kgdb light, v6

From: Yinghai Lu
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 21:36:28 EST

On Feb 10, 2008 2:40 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Jan Kiszka <jan.kiszka@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Ingo, please keep the original annotations, they where correct and
> > should have been optimal (under the given constraints or runtime
> > reconfiguration).
>
> agreed. I've regenerated the -v7 tree with this trivial revert. Tip is
> commit 04b94b1dd5197bf737073ebbd4189ffdfdcea534, updated shortlog,
> diffstat and patch can be found below. Tree is at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mingo/linux-2.6-kgdb.git

something related or not.

my server doesn't have serial connector. the SP has serial port to
host's internal serial port.
I need to ssh to SP ( service processor) and start console there.

wonder if there is program that is running on SP, and one program on
develop workstation --- make it have one virtual serial port

gdb or other legacy serial port program could use that virtual serial port.

YH