Re: CONFIG_HIGHPTE vs. sub-page page tables.

From: Martin Schwidefsky
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 04:41:37 EST

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 04:25 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> i guess my point was more: the pgtable_t typdef is new therefore it
> must be defined for every architecture. your ability to directly
> cross-compile and/or test a subset is great, but posting a change that
> is know for a fact to break arches you didnt update seems like a bad
> idea. even if you just included the obvious-but-not-compile-tested
> changes and included the linux-arch@vger alias instead would have been
> better than nothing
> -mike

The patch was posted multiple times on linux-arch and it has been part
of -mm for 3 months. Plenty of time for the arch maintainers to notice.
And without the pte_pfn_t change it would compile on a nommu
architecture even without the typedef. That is why I didn't add the new
typedef to the nommu archs. Which turned out to be a mistake after the
pte_pfn_t change has been added but the problem is fixed with the patch
sent yesterday, isn't?

--
blue skies,
Martin.