Re: Linux 2.6.24

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 22:20:43 EST

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:50:44 +0100, Stefan Richter said:
> How often is "bisectability" being broken already before merge in
> subsystem trees, and how often only in the context of the merge result?

I don't bisect git trees often - but I'd say that at least half the time
I have to bisect -mm, I'll hit a busticated bisection point and need to
move several one way or another. Fortunately, Andrew does a good job
of keeping fixes near their parents, so it's usually not *that* hard to
clean up (at least for me - but I recently realized that I had passed the
3-decade mark of breaking and fixing software). Newcomer kernel testers
are likely in for a rude awakening if they hit one of those points.