Re: JMicron PATA 2.6.24-rc7 can't find drives

From: Marcin Gil
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 16:39:21 EST

Dnia czwartek 24 stycznia 2008, Lennart Sorensen napisaÅ:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 06:11:22PM +0100, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> > Marcin Gil <marcin.gil@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > > +-----+-----+
> > > mobo hdd dvd
> > >
> > > I think that cable select would take dvd as master and hdd as slave.
> > > This was not preferable when hdd was my primary drive. I can try
> > > cable-select now since I boot off new SATA drive.
> >
> > Is a master in the middle permitted by the specs at all?
>
> On 40 pin cable select it was in fact required. On 80pin the end is the
> master and the middle the slave which I believe is supposed to give
> better signal quality when only one device is in use.

Ok. I've just configured drives to cable-select. Everything works fine.
Both DVD and IDE HDD are detected correctly. SATA drive (slot SATA0) is sda,
IDE HDD is sdb and DVD is sr0.

Looks like my problem is now solved. What is just curious to me is that it
worked fine with old ATA..

Thank you all for your patience and time.
-Marcin Gil