Re: unify pagetable accessors patch causes double fault II

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 14:44:00 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
The patch does not fix the problem here. When I boot plain git-x86
upto commit 67db3027d691ff8049d19be7bc440eca0e5826d7
on my 6GB machine I still get an recursive oops on entering user space.

The only difference to earlier kernels seems to be that the problem
happens a little latter (in stty, not boot), but that might be just
coincidence.

Yesterday's x86.git was missing all my unification patches, so if you were seeing this oops then, it's something else. Is it still caused specifically by "unify pagetable accessors", or is some other change being problematic now?