Re: [Patch v2] Make PCI extended config space (MMCONFIG) a driveropt-in

From: Tony Camuso
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 14:29:40 EST

I agree with Matthew.

My preference is Ivan's patch using Loic's proposal.

My patch would have tested MMCONFIG before using it, but it didn't
fix the problem where the decode of large displacement devices can
overlap the MMCONFIG region.

Ivan's patch fixes that, and the problem of Northbridges that don't
respond to MMCONFIG and as a bonus cleans out some code rendered
unnecessary by his patch.

Linus is confident that conf1 is not going away for at least the
next five years.