Re: Fwd: Re: [2.6.24 patch] restore ARMv6 OProfile support

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Jan 15 2008 - 11:33:39 EST

* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But as mentioned, it's totally untested and I don't have (or really
> want to have) a cross-compiling environment. And I don't care *that*
> much. I just want something we can all live with.
>
> So does something like this work for people?

> arch/arm/Kconfig | 2 +-
> arch/arm/Kconfig.instrumentation | 52 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i like this approach better, not the least because it affects only one
architecture so late in the .24-rc cycle. Instrumentation bugs tend to
be found with a few weeks/months of delays. (because historically
instrumentation has been typically used by folks who cannot change their
kernel easily to debug it, i.e. by extension they dont run bleeding edge
kernels either.)

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>

Ingo