Re: questions on NAPI processing latency and dropped network packets

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 15:03:46 EST

Eric Dumazet wrote:
Chris Friesen a Ãcrit :

Based on the profiling information we're spending time in sctp_endpoint_lookup_assoc() which doesn't actually use hashes, so I can't see how the hash would be related. I'm pretty new to SCTP though, so I may be missing something.

Well, it does use hashes :)

hash = sctp_assoc_hashfn(ep->base.bind_addr.port, rport);
head = &sctp_assoc_hashtable[hash];
read_lock(&head->lock);
sctp_for_each_hentry(epb, node, &head->chain) {
/* maybe your machine is traversing here a *really* long chain */
}

The latest released kernel doesn't have this code, it was only added in November. The SCTP maintainer just pointed me to the patch, and made some other suggestions as well.

Chris