Re: unify pagetable accessors patch causes double fault III

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 14:55:44 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
hm. Did the hanging kernel have the i387 regset fix from Roland already? That bug indeed manifested itself as rare desktop hangs.

other than that i know of no pending instability but the large-RAM bootup crash you reported.

I read that as Andi is having general stability problems rather than specific large memory ones.

I've been running x86 pretty stably on my 2G 32-PAE machine. I had problems a few days ago with X crashing on startup, but I attributed that to the 387 problem (it went away after an x86.git update).