Re: 2.6.24-rc6-mm1 - oddness with IPv4/v6 mapped sockets hanging...

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 13:06:21 EST

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:36:40 EST, Paul Moore said:

> Are you still only seeing these problems on loopback? I can't help but wonder
> if this is the skb_clone() problem where it wasn't copying skb->iif causing
> SELinux to silently drop the packets.

Yes, I've only spotted it on loopback. The odd part is that I had reverted the
one commit 9c6ad8f6895db7a517c04c2147cb5e7ffb83a315 "Convert the netif code to
use ifindex values" - so either I managed to get the revert terribly wrong,
or there's something else odd going on. The first time around, I was seeing
hangs during a TCP 3-packet handshake - this time data flows for some number
of packets before hanging.

I'm pulling git://git.infradead.org/users/pcmoore/lblnet-2.6_testing at the
moment, and seeing if there's already a fix in there for this.