Re: Netperf TCP_RR(loopback) 10% regression in 2.6.24-rc6, comparingwith 2.6.22

From: Rick Jones
Date: Mon Jan 14 2008 - 12:46:24 EST

*) netperf/netserver support CPU affinity within themselves with the global -T option to netperf. Is the result with taskset much different? The equivalent to the above would be to run netperf with:

./netperf -T 0,7 ..

I checked the source codes and didn't find this option.
I use netperf V2.3 (I found the number in the makefile).

Indeed, that version pre-dates the -T option. If you weren't already chasing a regression I'd suggest an upgrade to 2.4.mumble. Once you are at a point where changing another variable won't muddle things you may want to consider upgrading.

happy benchmarking,

rick jones