Re: 2.6.24-rc7-git4: Reported regressions from 2.6.23

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sat Jan 12 2008 - 17:01:24 EST

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 10:05:34PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> [RFC: Would that be useful if I sent regression-fixing patches, CCed to the
> appropriate maintainers/lists, along with the reports?]

I don't think sending the patches around brings much advantage.

But I always also Cc'ed all submitters, maintainers and all people
somehow involved with one or more of the regressions.

This sometimes required splitting the regression lists into 5-7 emails
due to some vger rule of dropping emails with IIRC >= 30 recipients, but
the required grouping of regressions also had the advantage that you
often have regressions that might or might not be related grouped and
discussed together.

And if you want to push people to work on regressions or get fixes
into Linus' tree spamming their INBOX'es with personal copies of
regression reports sometimes gets regressions fixed faster...

> Thanks,
> Rafael

cu
Adrian