Re: PROBLEM REMAINS: [sata_nv ADMA breaks ATAPI] Crash on accessingDVD-RAM

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sat Jan 12 2008 - 14:26:08 EST

Alexander wrote:
Robert Hancock wrote:
There's this patch which was intended to fix it:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/11/22/148

I applied this patch to 2.6.24-rc7. Now at boot time my DVD-RW is
normaly detected as:

sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 48x/48x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray

But I cannot mount it. All my attempts failed with

ISOFS: Unable to identify CD-ROM format.

With mem<=4098M or sata_nv.adma=0 it still mounts and works ok.

As I wrote, it would appear that somehow the blk_queue_bounce_limit setting that the driver has made is not being respected and the block layer is still trying to feed it addresses over 4GB. Any ideas anyone?