Re: 2.6.24-rc7, intel audio: alsa doesn't say a beep

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Fri Jan 11 2008 - 01:49:18 EST

At Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:02:53 +0100,
Harald Dunkel wrote:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> >
> > Hm... Just to be sure, try the patch below. It's a clean up patch
> > that I'd like to apply later.
> >

> Sorry, no sound.

OK, but I'd like to know whether this makes no regression to rc6.
Could you check?

Also, what exactly did you test? "No sound" means that no sound from
the headphone / line-out or from the speaker?

One interesting test would be to increase the value of udelay() in the
reverted patch. What happens if it's set to 500?

> > The perex/alsa.git mm branch on kernel.org has many fixes. Could you
> > give it a try, too?
> >

> This version seems to work. But AFAICS it just reverts hda_intel.c back
> to rc6 again, so this is no surprise.

Use mm branch. The main branch is just an old Linus tree.

thanks,

Takashi