Re: [patch 05/19] split LRU lists into anon & file sets

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 21:37:43 EST

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:28:49 +0900
KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki <kamezawa.hiroyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm, it seems..
>
> When a program copies large amount of files, recent_rotated_file increases
> rapidly and
>
> rotate_sum
> ----------
> recent_rotated_anon
>
> will be very big.
>
> And %ap will be big regardless of vm_swappiness if it's not 0.
>
> I think # of recent_successful_pageout(anon/file) should be took into account...
>
> I'm sorry if I miss something.

You are right. I wonder if this, again, is a case of myself or
Lee forward porting old code. I remember having (had) a very
different version of get_scan_ratio() at some point in the past,
but I cannot remember if we discarded this version for that other
version, or the other way around :(

Lee, would you by any chance still have some alternative versions
of get_scan_ratio() around? I'm searching through my systems, but
have not found it yet...

--
All rights reversed.