Linux 2.6.23.13

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 12:41:24 EST

We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.23.13 kernel.
It contains one serious fix for the w83627ehf.c hardware monitoring
driver. If you use this driver, PLEASE, upgrade to this kernel version.
To quote the developer, Jean Delvare:
I have had a private report that this bug might have caused
permanent hardware damage. There is no definitive proof at this
point, but unfortunately due to the lack of documentation I
really can't rule it out.
This problem only affects the 2.6.23 kernel releases, it is not present
on any prior release, or on the 2.6.24 upcoming release, as this fix is
already in Linus's tree.

I'll also be replying to this message with a copy of the patch between
2.6.23.12 and 2.6.23.13

The updated 2.6.23.y git tree can be found at:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.23.y.git
and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.23.y.git;a=summary

thanks,

greg k-h

--------

Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/hwmon/w83627ehf.c | 36 ++++++++++++++++++++++--------------

Summary of changes from v2.6.23.12 to v2.6.23.13

Greg Kroah-Hartman (1):
Linux 2.6.23.13

Jean Delvare (1):
hwmon: (w83627ehf) Be more careful when changing VID input level