Re: [patch 05/19] split LRU lists into anon & file sets

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 17:36:59 EST

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:22:38 -0800 (PST)
Christoph Lameter <clameter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It may be good to coordinate this with Andrea Arcangeli's OOM fixes.

Probably. With the split LRU lists (and the noreclaim LRUs), we can
simplify the OOM test a lot:

If free + file_active + file_inactive <= zone->pages_high and swap
space is full, the system is doomed. No need for guesswork.

> Also would it be possible to create generic functions that can move pages
> in pagevecs to an arbitrary lru list?

What would you use those functions for?

Or am I simply misunderstanding your idea?

--
All rights reversed.