Re: [patch] split MMC_CAP_4_BIT_DATA

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 15:50:00 EST

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:40:49 -0500
Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i dont understand what's confusing. the Blackfin on chip host controller only
> supports 1-bit MMC, but it supports 4-bit SD/SDIO. this is a fact. while it
> may be a stupid decision, it is what it is, and i need the framework made
> more flexible in order to get the Blackfin driver merged cleanly. we do
> software for hardware, we dont do hardware.

Well, since I've seen no _hardware_ differences between 4-bit MMC and 4-bit SD, "support" in this case must me "vendor will guarantee it works". And that is not the kind of "support" that needs a distinction in the code.

So, again, if you feel that there is a hardware difference between 4-bit MMC and 4-bit SD then please elaborate as it is my understanding that they are identical.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org